Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Identity Portrait


At least one in process photo.                1 pt.                                                                            
           










Trapped

Materials: Clear Saran-wrap and red ink

Dimensions: 36in X 12in

For this piece I created, I decided to use 2 simple material which was clear saran-wrap and red ink. I built a saran-wrap installation  around the post of the front of a house almost as a shield. This clear shield represents anxiety to me. Personally, I struggle daily with anxiety. Anxiety is something that not everyone deals with or understands. The red ink was used because red represents courage, sacrifice, danger. The images shot are a representation of feeling stuck at home because I don't like to leave my home often with anxiety. My hands pushing against it is the action of feeling trapped/stuck by a clear shield that not many people understand.

For the details in each picture I decided to use this filter on them to indicate the dull colors, and make the hands the main focus of this piece. I chose to sit down in the picture to show weakness. I left my hair covering my face to also use it as a barrier to not see how I am expressing my feelings. 


Research:


https://www.medicaldaily.com/what-happens-your-brain-when-you-have-panic-attack-how-brains-fear-and-threat-centers-backfire


http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/mental-illness-associated-shorter-lifespan-more-heavy-smoking/


http://art-sheep.com/human-figures-trapped-into-cocoons-nsfw/






No comments:

Post a Comment